Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Amen & Hallelujah Getting Ready for Paula’s Down Home Cookin’ Sunday Gospel Brunch

I can't imagine a better way to start the last day of the festival than with Paula’s Down Home Cookin’ Sunday Gospel Brunch hosted by Paula Deen Presented by Smithfield

Along with Paula, we will have the pleasure of such talented chefs as Iron Chef Cat Cora, Chefs Alex Guarnaschelli (watch my video cooking Chef Alex's Eggplant Parm!), Elizabeth Karmel,Joseph Len, Myron Mixon and Tim Love.
With the sweet sounds of Gospel music to entertain us, we will feast on Southern favorites that include  "grits (with a twist), fried green tomatoes, homemade pork sausage, spiked iced tea and stiff Bloody Mary’s, plus plenty more"!

And you know Paula and family will keep us in stitches (hope Paula keeps her pants up!, LOL)! I cannot wait to go to this culinary "prayer meeting"!

Lillian Poletti
The FIU student who will be assisting me during the brunch: 


Lillian Poletti Comes from an international family, anything and everything diverse always catches her attention. Lillian shared with me her love for learning about different cultures and viewpoints. Growing up and living in south Florida has given Lillian the great opportunity to see the diversity of the world in her own backyard. Lillian is a senior at F.I.U. with an interest in pursuing international tourism. 

"The prospect of creating happy experiences on a global scale is what I dream of doing in the future. I'm very excited to work with you, Bianca, at this year's festival. I truly admire your viewpoint on life, of not letting your circumstances dictate what your life will be like. Every moment is a moment to grow and learn." 

Lillian your words touched me deeply and it is exactly the reason why I wanted to do this project!


No comments:

Post a Comment