Thursday, February 17, 2011

One Week Before The Burger Bash @ SOBE Wine & Food Festival 2011

There are no words to describe how excited I am that the Amstel Light Burger Bash presented by Allen Brothers hosted by Rachael Ray is only one week away. This will be the first function I will be attending during the weekend!  


Let me tell you this is not just your little run-of-the-mill burger contest!  This is serious business or as Bobby Flay would say a "Throwdown". Some of the very competitive and talented chefs that will be "showing us what they got" are last year's winner, Iron Chef Michael Symon, Iron Chef Bobby Flay, Top Chef cheftestants Spike Mendelsohn and Howie Kleinberg as well as acclaimed Chefs Jacques Torres and Geoffrey Zakarian to name a few. (List follows)


As I blogged earlier I will be assisted by 6 great FIU students throughout the festival. They will be helping me get around with my walker, filming the festival and HAVING FUN! I will be introducing them to you as we talk about the events!


Laura Torres
The young woman that will be assisting me during the "Bash"  is FIU student Laura Torres. Laura is the perfect example of what the ideal candidate would be for a career in Hospitality and Tourism. Laura is excited about life, loves her family and wants to be of service to her clients.  An enthusiastic young woman who shared with me that when given the chance to assist me during the SOBEWFF she "raised my hand and started waving it like I used to in elementary school when I was sure I knew the answer haha" and "I just wanted to tell you how exited I am to work with you. "


Well Laura let me tell you I am equally excited to share the "Bash Adventure" with you!
  • Ai Fiori (Michael White)
  • Allen Brothers (Samir Dhurandhar)
  • Amstel Light (Jonathon Sawyer) Food & Wine Magazine Best New Chef Winner
  • B Spot (Michael Symon)
  • Bistro one LR at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
  • BLT Steak Miami (Laurent Tourondel) Food & Wine Magazine Best New Chef Winner
  • Bobby's Burger Palace (Bobby Flay)
  • Bulldog Burger (Howie Kleinberg)
  • Burger & Beer Joint
  • Charm City Burger
  • Ciao Bella Gelato
  • El Mago de las Fritas
  • Every Day with Rachael Ray  (Paul Malvone, Boston Burger Company)
  • Good Stuff Eatery (Spike Mendelsohn)
  • Fireman Derek's Pies
  • Ingrid Hoffman
  • Jacques Torres
  • Landmarc (Marc Murphy)
  • Lonesome Dove Cafe (Tim Love)
  • Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink (Michael Schwartz)
  • Morimoto (Masaharu Morimoto)
  • Qsine by JVS from Celebrity Cruises (Jacques Van Staden)
  • Radius (Michael Schlow)
  • Shake Shack
  • Town Kitchen & Bar
  • The National (Geoffrey Zakarian)
  • Umami Burger
  • Village Whiskey (Jose Garces)







No comments:

Post a Comment