Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Whole Foods Market Grand Tasting Village - Saturday & Sunday - South Beach Has Never Been Better

There is no better way go to the beach then to attend this year's Whole Foods' Grand Tasting Village. Whether I am attending one of the Culinary and Lifestyle Seminars or visiting the many wine and food stations, South Beach has never been better. (See list below of scheduled chefs).

For the 10th anniversary of the festival wines of Italy will be featured. And as if that is not enough, souvenir for the event will be a copy of Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival Cookbook (Clarkson Potter, Fall 2010) with a foreword by Anthony Bourdain.

Tik Chan
The FIU students assisting me during the Grand Tastings:

SATURDAY:  Kai Tik Chan is known by "Tik". Born in Hong Kong, Tik came to the United States 11 years ago. Tik is in his junior year at FIU pursing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality Management.

"I chose this major because I love meeting new people and I really like to be part in this industry. I love to smile, and I think I'm always a positive person. I'm really happy I have the opportunity to assist you in this event, I'm looking forward to meet you and I'll do my best to be your assistant next Saturday."


I look forward to our time together!



Xiao Lin Pan
SUNDAY: Xiao Lin Pan is in her junior year at FIU pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality Management. Born in Shanghai, China, Xiao is fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin Chinese, Shanghainese. Raised by a very supportive mother, Xiao has been in the U.S. since middle school.

Although she describes herself as shy, Xiao looks forward to a career in the Hotel Industry where her language skills as well as her desire to serve the traveling public will be used to it's fullest. Xiao states "I hope by the time I graduated from the school I can work in one of the biggest hotel in the world."


I look forward to our time together on Sunday. You will be the last student assisting me at the Festival!







The schedule line up for the seminars is as follows:


SATURDAY KITCHENAID BLUE STAGE
JAMIE OLIVER  11:15 am - 12:00 pm
GIADA DE LAURENTIIS 12:30 pm - 1:15 pm
EMERIL LAGASSE 1:45 pm - 2:30 pm
RACHAEL RAY 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm
MASAHARU MORIMOTO 4:15 pm - 5:00 pm
GUY FIERI 5:15 pm - 6:00 pm

SATURDAY KITCHENAID GREEN STAGE
RICK BAYLESS 11:30 am - 12:15 pm
THE SCOTTO FAMILY 12:45 pm -1:30 pm
MING TSAI 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
SUNNY ANDERSON 3:15 pm - 4:00 pm
ALEX GUARNASCHELLI 4:30 pm - 5:15 pm
DUFF GOLDMAN 5:30 pm - 6:15 pm

SUNDAY KITCHENAID BLUE STAGE
EMERIL LAGASSE 11:15 am - 12:00 pm
MICHAEL SYMON  12:30 pm - 1:15 pm
BOBBY FLAY 1:45 pm - 2:30 pm
ANTHONY BOURDAIN 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm
PAULA DEEN 4:15 pm - 5:00 pm
TYLER FLORENCE 5:15 pm - 6:00 pm
SUNDAY KITCHENAID GREEN STAGE
CLAIRE ROBINSON 11:30 am - 12:15 pm
ANNE BURRELL 12:45 pm - 1:30 pm
BETHENNEY FRANKEL 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
DEBI MAZAR & GABRIELLE CORCOS 3:15 pm - 4:00 pm
ANDREW ZIMMERN 4:30 pm - 5:15 pm
ROCCO DISPIRITO 5:30 pm - 6:15 pm


No comments:

Post a Comment