Monday, February 28, 2011

BIANCA & XIAO ATTEND SUNDAY'S GRAND TASTING AT SOBE WINE & FOOD FESTIVAL


Xiao & Bianca
 Well I can't believe it but we are at the last event that I will be attending during the 2011 SOBE Wine & Food Festival!

My FIU student for the Sunday Grand Tasting was Xiao Lin Pan. I first saw Xiao running towards me when she spotted me at the entrance to the village.

Xiao is this lovely young woman and at first blush, she seems like a hothouse flower. Let me tell you that is as far from the truth as you can get.

Xiao is a strong, vivrant young woman who took her assignment of assisting me during the event very seriously. Xiao focus was to make sure that I was safe, comfortable and if I needed anything, she was there to get it.

Because on Saturday the eager crowd pinned me down against the barrier in front of the stage, the Security guys decided to put my walker and myself behind the barrier. Unfortunately, Xiao got "bopped" in the face by the walker. We were all concerned, but Xiao just brushed it off and said "I am OK, I am tough!"

Tough she is! She asked me to call her when I got back to my Hotel and to make sure to let her know that I got back safe and sound to Los Angeles.

I love this young woman! Xiao will be an incredible asset to the Tourism and Hospitality industry. Xiao is strong, caring, determined and compassionate. I am honored to call her my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment