Saturday, February 26, 2011

BIANCA & TIK ATTEND SOBE WINE & FOOD's SATURDAY GRAND TASTING

Bianca & Tik
Tik, my FIU student volunteer, and I spent a glorious Saturday at the 2011 South Beach Wine & Food Festival's Grand Tasting. Jamie Oliver, Giada DeLaurentis, Emeril Lagasse, Ming Tsai, Sunny Anderson and Alex Guarnaschelli entertained and dazzled us with their culinary expertise, quick wit and joie de vivre! (pictures and videos to come.)

Tik was a great assistant throughout the day. He is a wonderful young man, kind, respectful and eager to help. Tik will do well in the Hospitality and Tourism industry because of his servant's heart.

And the most amazing thing Tik help me with was when we left the grand tasting, we walked 12 BLOCKS to my hotel! For a person like myself with Parkinson's that is quite an accomplishment. The ONLY reason I was able to do that after such a full day at SOBEWFF was because Tik was with me every step! Tik made me feel safe.

I enjoyed our time together and know we will be friends for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment