Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bianca Cooks Chef Alex's Eggplant Parmesan


After I was diagnosed with Parkinson's, I basically stopped cooking. I convinced myself that watching the Food Network and attending the South Beach Wine and Food Festival once a year to watch my favorite Food Network Chefs cook was "IT" for me now that I had PD.

However, something happened this year, the switch was turned on in my head and I realized with the right kind of tools, I could still indulge in one of my favorite things to do, cook for others! I don't have to be a wizard with knifes, there are plenty of gadgets that allow me to chop, slice, julienne, cube, chiffonade, etc. And the truth is that my greatest asset has always been my palate and my ability to conceptualize how ingredients will work together - those 2 gifts I still have!

After cooking Christmas dinner, 2010, I decided to cook this great dish and film it!  I used a Flip camera (LOVE IT) and a tiny tripod. I did all the cooking, all the prep work thanks to my "gadgets", all the videography and all the cleaning myself! Yes the camera trembles at time, but hey that's how I role! I got PD but PD does not have me!
It is easy and delicious. Here is the link to the recipe! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alexandra-guarnaschelli/eggplant-parmigiana-recipe/index.html






No comments:

Post a Comment