Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bianca CooksThe Daniel Plan

I am starting today on "The Daniel Plan" / .

This is a program to live a healthier life through diet and exercise. One of the most important things that I must do for Parkinson's is to eat healthy, nutritious foods and continue my exercise regime.

Today I am incorporating Konjac into my diet. What is it?
Konjac foods - Shirataki noodles ....
Konjac Root
Konjac Tree

  • are naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, starch, or protein.
  • contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories.
  • are wheat and gluten free.
  • pure Vegetable
  • can be stored in the room temperature for about one year. Don't need refrigeration
  • JAS (Japan Agricultural Standard) Certified Organic
  • are translucent and gelatinous, with no flavor of their own - they easily absorb the dominant flavors of any soup or dish.
  • Konjac Angel Hair
  • are instant and come in a variety of styles and shapes - you can simply toss salsa with Konjac instant pasta for a quick meal.
What am I going to do with them? Well I have decided to make Chef Scott Conant's Tomato Basil Spaghetti sauce and using the Konjac Angel Hair Pasta instead of traditional pasta.

Stay tuned and I will let you know how it turns out!


The Daniel Plan Info: http: //www.saddleback.com/thedanielplan
Konjac Foods Info:  http://www.konjacfoods.com/index.htm#1
Chef Scott Conant's Recipe: http://gregrafferty.posterous.com/making-scarpettas-tomato-basil-spaghetti-with-0




No comments:

Post a Comment